Monday, January 28, 2008

Cell Phones on The Farm

SAM - I decided, Hoot needs a cell phone.

HOOT - I do need a cell phone.

NANNY - Why does Hoot need a cell phone?

SAM - She's out more since Anton started driving and I thought it was important for us to be able to contact her and so that she can call us if she has to.

HOOT - And everyone has cell phones, I can talk to all of my friends whenever I want.

VERN - Yeah, but that means all of your friends can talk to you whenever they want, what if you don't want to talk with them?

HOOT - There's caller ID on cell phones, I can see who's calling and not answer.

VERN - Then they can see when you're calling and not answer.

HOOT - They will answer when I call.

VERN - But what if they don't.

HOOT - Because maybe they can't answer just then.

NANNY - Stop bickering! Hoot, Vern's just looking to aggravate you. I think that's a wonderful idea Sam.

SAM - So I did some research.

VERN - Of course.

SAM - Research is generally better than impulse Vern. Consideration had to be given to the distance from the various cell towers in relation to our location here on the farm. There was the base price of each phone versus each companies single, double or group plans. Minutes used versus a flat or variable rate. The necesity for various features like text messaging, caller ID, photo capabilities as compared to the needs of each of the various users. Thus, I bought a plan that seems to work best around here.

VERN - What did he say?

HOOT - He shopped around and found some phones. When do I get my phone?

SAM - In just a moment.

HOOT - You have it now? Give it to me.

SAM - Yes I have it now, let me finish explaining.

HOOT - What's there to explain?

SAM - I guess you're right, there's nothing to explain except that I got four of them, one for each of us.

VERN - I don't need a cell phone Sam.

NANNY - I don't know what I would do with one either. Save the money and take mine back.

SAM - They didn't cost anything, I bought one and got three more free.

HOOT - OK, that's enough explaining, I need one, so just give me my phone. I can't wait to call Anton.

No comments: